Watercolor Workshop

I am really enjoying the fall workshop hosted by the Upper Hudson Valley Watercolor Society.  Each year they have a nationally known artist come do a demo and then a 3 day workshop.  Mel Stabin is the instructor this year with the classes based in Lake George.  He is an excellent artist and teacher. Mr.. Stabin's website with more info:  http://www.melstabin.com/

                                          Highlights so far...

 
Mel's morning demo
 
 
mirror over head so people can see

 
finished painting and black and white value drawing

 
more of Mel Stabin's work
love the plaid shirt and landscape

 
a landscape in a loose style

 
This was my painting for the day

 
I was challenging myself to paint larger paintings.  This is a half sheet. 
I have been wanting to do the old truck for a couple weeks now.  Glad I could do it.
 
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts