Artists' Bio


Here are the artists' bio we had at the sale:

 
Jimmy VanGoo
Jim Schiltz, by day, is a veteran sports writer of thirty one years published daily in The Gazette a local newspaper. Jim grew up in Altamont and attended Guilderland High School. He went to Morrisville College and SUNY Oswego majoring in Journalism Technology and Communications.  At The Gazette his specialty is covering local high school sports which keeps him busy all school year from September to June.

Needing a break from a fast paced work schedule, Jim turned to painting, a creative pursuit he always loved. This is when Jimmy VanGoo was born.  Jimmy started by painting acrylics on canvas experimenting in abstract designs which developed into his recognizable Van Gogh now  VanGoo style. Working on different series, Jimmy honed his clean and precise painting technique. Experimenting further with different kinds of paint, canvases were exchanged for glassware and ceramics.  Specialty hand painted glassware and ceramics proved to be a great match for the VanGoo treatment where each one is unique yet fits into its series of pieces. 

Suzanne, Jimmy’s wife, adds her crafting skills and tech savvy to help make these items available for sale and together they make Team VanGoo.

Follow Jimmy VanGoo’s Art on Facebook

 
 
Laura Cromie Kemmerling  
Artist Statement 
In my art I want to share the beauty I see all around me in God’s creation.
I try to capture light when it transforms ordinary things into the extraordinary.
I want to share work that warms the heart and uplifts with laughter.
 
Artist Biography
I grew up in cozy suburban East Glenville, NY with my interest in art encouraged by my parents, grandparents and teachers.  I attended the College of Saint Rose in Albany where I won a four year scholarship for my entry portfolio.  I double majored in Graphic Design and Studio Art graduating in 1988.  After college, I worked as a freelance designer and then as a staff designer for the Golub Corporation.  When I married, I focused my energies on being a wife and homemaker and then a mother and home educator. 
As my responsibilities at home lightened, I returned to the fine art world I love by taking watercolor classes at Saratoga Arts in the summer of 2010. Fascinated by the beauty and challenge of watercolor, I joined the Upper Hudson Valley Watercolor Society, an inspiring and friendly group, where I served as Newsletter and Publicity Chairperson.  Enjoying landscapes and painting outdoors, I paint ‘en plein air’ regularly.  In 2013, I started a blog called The Artistic Adventures of L.C. Kemmerling where I share my art, writing, photography and plein air experiences.
 
Follow my art blog:  The Artistic Adventures of L.C. Kemmerling
 
 
 

 



Comments

Popular Posts