Adirondack National Pastel Exhibition 2017 part 3


I am very thankful to have two pieces in the Adirondack National Pastel Exhibition 2017.

Both of these pieces are for sale.
 
 
Come and see! 
 
It runs from July 12th to August 12th
Artist Reception is Saturday, July 22, 5 to 7 PM
 
Shirt Factory Gallery
Lawrence and Cooper Street
Glens Falls, NY
 
Opened Wednesday-Saturday 12:00-5:00n 2017


 

Portrait of a Young Lady
 
9 x 12
 
$700.00
 

     In this portrait of our eldest daughter, I hear her first heartbeat, feel her curly baby ponytail and see a button nose, freckles and the braids of an eight year old smiling from the daylilies. I see the family resemblance and her copper red hair like my Mom’s but also clear blue eyes, something new and different. I see a young woman confident and ready to find her own path in life and that is what she is doing now.

 
 

A Quiet Walk
 
20 x 30
 
$750.00
 

     In warm months, I paint outside at least once a week, in wintertime, I take morning walks with my camera through family fields photographing snow, sunlight, shadows and anything else interesting in between.  It was very satisfying to bring my harvest of images into my cozy studio and work on them with a nice pot of tea, dark chocolate and fiddle music playing. This landscape was the largest and last winter one I did giving me a happy sense of a task completed as spring was on its way.

 
 

 
 

Comments

Popular Posts