Moreau Lake

 
I had a great time at the Moreau Lake paint out hosted by the Southern Adirondack Plein Air Painters. I enjoyed visiting with the four other artists who attended. 
Thank you Suzette for organizing it.

 
It was a picture perfect spring day where I did not have to admire the view from a speeding car or the inside of a window.   I got to be outside, slow down and enjoy, and be a full participant of the lovely day.

 
boats for rent

 
set up for watercolors


 I forgot how quickly watercolors can dry when working outside.  There was not much need for dry time between colors.  With the warm sun and the steady breeze at lakeside, it was like having a natural hair dryer to dry the layers.
 
 
 

Comments

  1. Hi L.C. Indeed what a great day to paint, I love the light/dark contrasts especially on the mid to far-range hills... nice. I'm in Cambridge, So. Washington County (I also see your posts on facebook's nyplein air painters), does your group have an e-mail list?....I would love to try and come sometime, Thanks, Matt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Matt, Thank you for your comments on my work and in the blog. I paint with the Mohawk Valley Region Plein Air Painters and the Southern Adirondack Plein Air Painters, two chapters of the statewide group, the New York Plein Air Painters, NYPAP. The statewide group has a website: http://www.nypleinairpainters.com/ In the ‘Member Information’ tab it shows the different regions. In the ‘Contact Us’ tab, the different chapter leaders are listed with email links. You can contact the leaders this way and get on email lists for information about paint outs and other events. It is a fun group and I encourage you and anyone else out there who would like to try plein air painting to contact NYPAP and give it a try.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts