Art Adventure # 3 Before Sunset, a Lion and the King's Children


 
This week I was back to my recent fishing hole for a good view.
I got there earlier, defogged and deiced the back window twice which made some good drying time for the washes.



 a value sketch then a light sketch on the paper and ready to paint
 

 
 
ended up with this at the end of the session
 
I had fun listening to podcasts while painting. 
It was art class, history class and political science all in one.
 
 
I got outside to get these beautiful views.
 


 
 

 
happy for a warm snack

 
There seem to be a lot of planets and coffee here.

 
This advertisement made a little more sense to me than the sushi slippers.
 
 

 
  5 x 7 watercolor and colored pencil drawing
 
We saw this excellent creature at the zoo this summer.
 
 
 
File:Anthony van Dyck - Five Eldest Children of Charles I - Google Art Project.jpg
 
The Five Eldest Children of Charles the I
by Anthony Van Dyke 1637 
 
This is a new favorite painting.  I love its human warmth and humor. The expertise is amazing: five young children, two family pets, expensive drapery, a still life and a landscape background. 


Comments

Popular Posts